Wall to Wall 2020
2020 Ride route for South Australia
As a result of the current PANDEMIC and concerns regarding interstate travel, with a little over 10 weeks to go before the event, a unanimous decision was made to NOT TRAVEL TO CANBERRA for the 2020 Wall to Wall ceremony.
However, it was a unanimous decision to stage the SA WALL TO WALL event, entirely intrastate.
The Stages and dates-
- Tuesday 8/9/20, Fort Largs Academy, Seppeltsfield (Breakfast), Clare Valley to Wallaroo. approx. 400kms – short route available.
- Wednesday 9/9/20, Wallaroo, Pt Pirie, Jamestown, Hawker to Port Augusta, approx. 450kms- short route available.
- Thursday 10/9/20- Port Augusta, Melrose, Booloroo Centre, Jamestown, Peterborough, Burra, Morgan and RIVERLAND, approx. 470kms, short route available.
- Friday 11/9/20- Riverland, Pinnaroo, Bordertown, Naracoorte, Mt Gambier, to Robe, approx. 580kms, short route of approx. 420kms available.
- Saturday 12/9/20- Robe, Kingston SE, Meningie, Murray Bridge, Mt Lofty photo, Cross Rd URRBRAE, Fort Largs. approx. 370kms.
The entire trip is approx. 2100kms and will be for 4 nights passing numerous police stations, highlighting the remembering mates and raising awareness for SA Police legacy. Each stage has an abbreviated version for older/incapacitated riders.
The event will conclude at the Police Academy Wall of Remembrance at 3.00pm (to coincide with the Canberra memorial ride and service) and then afterwards an awards/fundraising night at the Police Club to finish off the event.
The committee is currently working on preferred accommodation at the above locations and the intention is to get the info out asap.
Contact Peter Hore on 0428 540 090 or Mick Klose on 0417 830 552