QLD W2W Ride update
Any updates , changes, issues will be emailed out accordingly and as they occur to assist you in planning your attendance this year.
The official QLD Route
- Brisbane (Botanical Gardens) to Tenterfield – 15/9/20 – 280 ks. (Tenterfield Tavern for meet/greet/drinks) – Make own accommodation arrangements.
- Tenterfield to Port Mac – 16/9/20 – 450 ks. (Rydges Hotel Restaurant for drinks) – Make own accommodation arrangements.
- Port Mac to Bathurst – 17/9/20 – 580 ks. (Rydges Hotel on the track (hotel bar) for drinks) – Make own accommodation arrangements.
- Note – Marked QPS bikes may be going to Sydney for Friday night, for Saturday morning official duties. Bradyn Murphy to advise when known.
- Port Mac to Bathurst – 17/9/20 – 580 ks. (Rydges Hotel on the track (hotel bar) for drinks. Hosted by Frick) – Make own accommodation arrangements.
- Note – Due to COVID, request only marked QPS bikes and those personnel officially representing Queensland Police to go to Sydney for Friday night, and Saturday morning official duties. Enables NSW POL and NSW registered riders better social distancing ability Saturday morning, should that be required, as numbers are to be kept to the minimum.
- No Qld’ers to the Goulburn Police Academy on Saturday for the same reason, please.
- Bathurst to Canberra – 18/9/20 – 281 ks. – Make own accommodation arrangements.
Baton Ceremony at Queensland Police Memorial – Botanical Gardens Brisbane – 15th September 2021, 10.00am
- 0800 – 0930 Participant riders and guests arrive and park along the south eastern kerb of Alice Street in the designated parking area (bus zone) – maps forthcoming.
- 1000 – 1030 Official Ceremony conducted at the Police Memorial, City Botanical Gardens.
- 1030 – 1100 Riders and guests return to parked motorcycles and prepare for 1100 hours departure from memorial
COVID – Protect others and stop the spread – you must:
Note: download the Covid contact tracing (Check in CBR) QR code from your Riders Booklet and check in upon arrival at EPIC. or the NPM
- practice good hygiene
- practice physical distancing
- follow the limits for public gatherings
- understand how to isolate if you need to
Any queries, contact Andrew Frick email (Frick.AndrewD@police.qld.gov.au)